Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ch ch ch changes ...

So I fully admit that when it comes to cars I am probably one of your stereotypical girls. I mean, I know the basics: how to pump my own gas, how to check the pressure in my tires (although I am slack-ass about actually doing that one), how to check my oil, how to fill up the windshield washer fluid. With everything else my attitude is pretty much "if it's not making a funny noise it's not worrying me."

I do love my Jellybean though so every couple of months I take it for an oilchange and engine flush and tire rotation and whatever else those more mechanically inclined people feel like doing in exchange for my money. (Just for the record I am not so naive as to let myself get screwed over and do talk about any major repair work with unbiased people more in the know than I am.) I've been taking the Jellybean to the same place for a while there and I have pretty much dealt with this guy, Steve, the whole time. The last few times there has been this other guy (Not Steve) who has helped me but Steve has always been reassuringly in the background, or else Not Steve will answer the phone and set up the appointment but then Steve is there to walk me through everything else. Steve is my car guy. But then today I went in for my oilchange and there was a New Guy. No Steve. No Not Steve. And I felt very lost and wanted to ask the guy where Steve was because that was where I was taking my car. Which is irrational because it's not like Steve was the guy who worked on my car, and I am sure the mechanics do the same good job whether it is Steve or Not Steve or New Guy who is running things up front. But I want Steve (in case it wasn't already clear where exactly my loyalty lies).

No comments: