Thursday, March 09, 2006

No surprises here

My poor girl B. She hurt her foot in a dance class back before Christmas and despite staying off it (mostly :p) and doing intense physio and all that other jazz it still hasn't healed properly. They finally referred her to a sports doctor who put her in a boot cast (3 months later!) and is referring her to an orthopaedic surgeon. Not exactly the news she wanted to hear, but at least now things will hopefully start to mend.

In other news, I kind of went on a coffee date on Monday. Which everyone seems to know about without me actually informing them so I'm sure the above is no shocker. I guess I just feel like I should make some sort of reference to it before the rumors get thoroughly out of hand because it was just a date. In fact to be even more specific, it was just 2 friends hanging out. We had coffee. We talked. End of story. And I mean, it was nice, don't get me wrong. It was good to hang out with someone I didn't really know and who I think is pretty cute and feel like I was making a decent impression. It was nice to not feel like I should have been prettier or smarter or more interesting or less talkative or whatever. For me, there were a lot of positive things that came out of the experience. But anyone who was expecting the beginnings of some epic romance is going to be sorely disappointed. Thankfully, for once in my life, I am not in that group ... in fact I think things went exactly the way they needed to. I still have a lot of stuff to work out. Again. Some more. And I look at that date and it shows me how much progress I have actually made and it makes me feel good about myself and it gives me some hope that more things will start falling into place and my life will start to mirror my vague envisionings of how it should be. So even though B says I need to move on from some stuff I am not quite ready to let go of and even though I know I need to move on ... well even though they are teeny tiny steps I have taken they are finally steps in the right direction. Whatever that actually means. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

No comments: