Thursday, March 16, 2006

If you want to find me ...

I'll be at the gym. I have mostly finalized my spring schedule and here is what it looks like:
Monday: yoga
Tuesday: training session
Wednesday: drop in step class & pilates
Thursday: training session/hardcore cardo & buns/bellies class
Plus I try to go to the gym on Saturday & Sunday to do a drop in class or my own workout (but honestly even after a year and a half I am still a little scared of Solo Gym Time)

The good news is that each class works a different area of my body so it is at least a well rounded schedule. Plus I am starting to meet people AND not hate how my body looks in the mirror.

I honestly can't believe how much I enjoy the whole gym thing. Definitely when I started it was partially because I had a crush on a boy but it didn't take long for my gym time to become way more than that. I'm learning about my body and how it functions and it is fascinating in a weird sort of way. Frustrating sometimes because my balance can still be sucky and my scoliosis sometimes interferes with some of the shoulder exercises and I am still not great at squats. But every day I get better and stronger and faster and I feel like I am accomplishing something. Maybe I will never run a marathon or participate in a triathalon but I feel like I could if I wanted to and trained hard enough. (Except for maybe the swimming part because I have always had a problem with the proper breathing technique.)

And the whole body image ... I can't even begin to explain how huge that is for me.

1 comment:

Alannah said...

That's awesome that you've found something you love so much, and is also really good for you. I know how it feels; now I just have to find something I can do in the SUMMER and I'll be all set! :p

But seriously, I've ALWAYS thought you were a smokin' hottie!