Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Deja Vu

It's like my first day of Gr 9 ... I'm freaking out about everything under the sun (hi, have we met? I over react and blow things out of proportion .. but in all honestly Summer of 1994 was one of the worst in recollection) and I show up at school only to find out that my 3 best friends are in one class and I'm all alone in the other.
Of course back in Gr 9 I was able to pull some strings and get moved into my friends French class to help ease the transition ... today there are no strings to pull, no safety nets ....
And I know that these are great changes and I am going to be a better person for all of it - one of the best things that came from the big split up is my friendship with B - and I also know that just because things are going to be different it doesn't mean they're going to be OVER - look at my friendship with Niki ... but I still can't help wishing my life didn't feel like such a freefall at the moment.
But I'll fix a smile on my face and fake it til I make it ... not a lot of other choices at the moment.

No comments: